Mogadishu is the capital of Somalia. It is established in the coastal Banaadir region on the Indian Ocean. It had a population of 2,425,000 residents. Earlier it was under the control of Muzaffar dynasty. It became independent only in 1960. It has a religious background and thus has many mosques in the area. Not only this, it is also rich in flora and has many parks. It is also rich in history and thus has many monuments in it. It also has scenic views through its beaches.
Places to visit:
- Mosque of Islamic Solidarity– The Mosque of Islamic Solidarity is the famous old mosque in Somalia.
- Arba’s Rukun Mosque- It is a mosque in Mogadishu, Somalia. One of the oldest and the biggest mosques in the area.
- Mogadishu Cathedral- It is a Roman Catholic Church located. It is a must visit place.
- The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier- The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is a monument constructed for the U.S. service members.
- Carwadii Qaranka- Carwadii Qaranka is a zoo spread over a large area. It has various species of animals.
- Secondo Lido Beach- Secondo Lido Beach was formed merely for the Italian colonialists. This is the best beach in the area and the most visited.
- Taalada Daljirka Daahsoon- Daljirka Dahsoon is the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. This monument was constructed in the honor of the Somali women and men.
Places to stay:
- Idman Ocean View Camp- This hotel gives the perfect and the most exquisite views from the rooms along with free wi-fi and complimentary breakfast.
- Jazeera Palace- Jazeera Palace offers a lavish stay with extraordinary rooms and services.
- Leaf Camp Hotel- Leaf camp hotel offers a comfortable stay, free wi-fi and a pool.
- Shabeel Resort- This resort is situated on the best location and provides amenities like free wi-fi, great room service and dining.