Mogadishu, the capital city of Somali, is located in the coastal Banaadir region on the Indian Ocean. The summer months are more suitable to visit the place. Walk on the beach to hear the laughter of the locals, clinking of cups and glasses and soft melodies.
Places to visit:
- Mosque of Islamic Solidarity: It is a white mosque and also the main mosque over the city, with an architecture that follows traditional Islamic styles. This place is for people who would like to take a prayer in Mogadishu.
- Mogadishu Cathedral: Located at the central area, close to Governor's Palace, is central church of Mogadishu.
- The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier: This place holds a great importance in the history of town as a Serbian soldier was buried here in World war I. It's definitely a great place to halt in for a few hours and take pictures.
- Port of Mogadishu: It is the major seaport of the city, also known as Mogadishu International Port. It has a magnificent sight, and is a true joy for travellers seeking peace and rejuvenation.
- Somali National University: As the name suggest, It is the National University in Mogadishu with huge building and library for all the book lovers out there.
Where to stay:
- Peace Hotel: This hotel offers a big courtyard, awesome food, ac rooms, running water and 24 hour electricity facility.
- Shamo Hotel: One of the most renowned hospitality sectors in the city, this hotel ranks amazing in terms of location, area, food and facility.
- Jazeera Palace: A luxury hotel, 300 meters away from the airport, is usually preferred by business and leisure travellers.
- Leaf Camp Hotel: It is located inside the MIA Basecamp area. It has all kids of rooms with restaurant and cafes and of course free Wi-Fi.